Stakeholder or stake holder - a short course in identifying your stakeholders and the influence they have in promoting or killing off your project, here
Analytical Thinking for Effective Case Development and Presentation
This one-day training session, offers 6 hours CPD for £125 + VAT (includes all resources, post-training assessment arrangements and bonus free Skype/e-mail support availability). It can be held on a date to suit you either at your offices or at a nearby location.
Book four places or more and receive a 10% discount for everyone.
Why take this course?
The purpose of this 6-point (introductory level) CPD course is to improve effective preparation of case argument and structure. It provides an in-depth consideration of analytical thinking applied to law, together with relevant support skills and insights.
· Critical thinking PLUS - analytical skills training integrated with applied psychology
· 'Plug in and use' techniques and tips to take back to your desk immediately
· Specially-adapted MBA business management tools to develop and structure your cases
· Material designed for easy communication by supervisors and mentors
· 'Speed mining' - emphasises efficient information absorption alongside speed reading
Those benefiting from participation include:
· Training contract holders
· Immediate post-training contract/early-career solicitors
· Supervisors and mentors of early-career solicitors (learn models and techniques which can communicate improvements with clarity to those being tutored ie 'training the trainers')
· Solicitors with recent Rights of Audience seeking methodologies for court or tribunal work
1. Rapid familiarisation with case detail
· DO and DON'T rules for increasing reading speed and retention
· Rapid reading, text skimming and visual information techniques
· Support advice
2. Quality of statistics, biases and assumptions
· Percentages, averages and trends (understanding limitations and abuses of the most common statistics in legal proceedings)
· Confirmational and other biases relevant to case development
· Assumptions and inferences
· Context (information) deficiencies
3. Tools for effective case presentation
· Match Grid (variations for: structuring case presentation, assessing expert evidence, making settlements and marketing the law firm)
· Other case management tools based on cognitive argument
4. Overcoming psychological spoilers (1 hour/CPD point)
· Appearance and 'paralanguage'
· Positive responses to spoilers in court and tribunal
To book a training course or to discuss your law firm's needs without obligation, please get in touch by any of the options on our contacts page.
Clear Thinking Clear Profit and CTCP (tm) are titles of a management consultancy and law training resource
We are proud to be corporate supporters of the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity;